The Yoga Teacher Training Program at Lexington Healing Arts Academy will change your life! Whether you want to deepen your own practice or teach yoga to others, this program will change your perspective about how you live. LHAA teaches the essence of yoga- incredibly focused, therapeutically and alignment based core teachings, encompassing the history, art and science of this life enhancing ancient practice. We respectfully embrace ancient yoga teachings within the context of an innovative, contemporary journey to a mindful body and embodied mind. Join us on this incredible journey!
LHAA is the only school in the state of Kentucky licensed by the State Board of Proprietary Education to teach Yoga and the only accredited school (ABHES) in the state for Yoga Teacher Training. LHAA's program is also registered with the Yoga Alliance.
What Does the Program Provide?
• 12 months of intensive and thorough training in all aspects of yoga: asana (postures) practice, breathing, yoga sutras (philosophy), meditation, chanting, chakras, ayurveda, precise and safe alignment, vast anatomy knowledge and more!
• A program that encourages you to integrate your practice "on the mat" to daily life.
• Training is not based on only one style of asana practice, but draws from many styles and emphasizes universal principals of alignment.
• Encourages you to develop your own teaching style based on your strengths, preferences and life experience.
• The program focuses on grasping fundamental concepts rather than memorizing details, so you can easily embody the material and put it to practical use immediately.
• High level of student inter-activity through questions, demonstration and homework assignments.
• It will teach you anatomy and kinesiology through asana practice and exploration. Anatomy is focused and immensely practical.
• Teaches practical knowledge of the working human body and the ability to impart that knowledge to your students in meaningful ways.
• Understand the essence of a pose and how to make it accessible to students.
• Learn how to use communication to cue effectively, how to sequence a class, and how to modify every pose.
The Director of our Yoga Teacher Training Program is Amanda McMaine, an E-RYT with Yoga Alliance, and a Yoga Teacher and Therapist with over 35 years of experience. She teaches groups of all levels locally, nationally and internationally. Amanda brings decades of learning, teaching and living her Yoga to make it one of the most anatomical and kinesiological comprehensive programs in the country. Her vast knowledge of inner body landscape, asana, breathwork, energy, yoga philosophy and anatomy is on par with the highest level teachers of yoga today.
Amanda began her yoga studies with BKS Iyengar in the 1970's and proceeded to study with many of the world's greatest teachers. She has received certifications from Angela Farmer in "Inner Body Yoga", Judith Lasater in "Restorative Yoga" and a certification in "Yoga Therapy for Seniors" from Duke Integrative Medicine. She also holds Masters Degrees in Kinesiology and Dance.
Assistant in the program is Debra Booker, RYT and the Yoga Center Director of LHAA. She brings many years of health and wellness experience, teaching and living her yoga to the program.
Administrative Assistant Robyn Hardy, RYT and Assistant of Student Affairs at LHAA, brings many years of experience in bodywork, ethics and yoga to the program.
Our Students Love Us:
"The teacher training program at LHAA has enlightened and challenged me in so many ways. Amanda's approach to anatomy, postures and alignment is, in my opinion, unmatched. The proof is in the past graduates as well as my own personal journey. I couldn't imagine myself learning as much as I have in any other setting. I have a new appreciation for who I am because of this program. Thank you!" BNB
What is the total cost of the Certificate program in Yoga Teacher Training?
The program is 52 weeks consisting of 12 weekend classes held once a month. The fall 2013 program will begin October 26 and will be held for 12 monthly weekends. There will be no classes in September, thus allowing time for students to complete their externship/internship. The last class of the program will take place October 12 , 2014. If classes do not reach a certain enrollment the school has the prerogative to cancel or change a class start date. Classes will be on Saturday from 9:00 am until 6:00 pm and on Sunday from 9:00 am until 5:00 pm.
Classes will be on Saturday from 9:00 am until 6:00 pm and on Sunday from 9:00 am until 5:00 pm.
How much student loan debt does a typical graduate have to repay after graduation?
The median loan debt for individuals who graduated from the program during the period 7/1/10- 6/30/11 is:
What percent of graduates completes the program in the normal time frame as published in the catalog?
The percentage of students who graduated On-time during the 7/1/10-6/30/11 time period is 91.67%.
What percent of graduates found employment related to their field of study?
Placement is reported to the Accrediting Bureau for Health Education Schools (ABHES). The most recent Report covers the period from July 1, 2010 to June 30, 2011. Our most recent placement rate reported to ABHES is 70%.
How can I find out more about this career?
Further information pertaining to occupational requirements and opportunities for graduates of this program is available at: http://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/39-9031.00
The Classification of Instructional Programs (CIP) code for this program is 51.080