Yoga Teacher Training Certification Program
The Yoga Teacher Training Program at Lexington Healing Arts Academy will change your life! Whether you want to deepen your own practice or teach yoga to others, this program will change your perspective about how you live. LHAA teaches the essence of yoga- incredibly focused, therapeutically and alignment based core teachings, encompassing the history, art and science of this life enhancing ancient practice. We respectfully embrace ancient yoga teachings within the context of an innovative, contemporary journey to a mindful body and embodied mind. Join us on this incredible journey!
Benefits of the LHAA Yoga Teacher Training Program
Our program was designed to accommodate anyone with the passion to become a certified Yoga Instructor. Some of the highlights include:
- Scheduling – Our program schedule runs one weekend per month for one year, making it both convenient and effective. You can maintain a healthy work / life balance while also taking the time between sessions to process the material you learned and incorporate the lessons into your own life and practice.
- Unique Approach – The Yoga Program at LHAA is focused on providing knowledge and a practice that encourages an open and inviting approach, where all ages and abilities can improve strength, balance, flexibility, range of motion, and a powerful body-mind connection.
- Licensed and Accredited – LHAA is the only school in the state of Kentucky licensed by the State Board of Proprietary Education to teach Yoga and the only accredited school (ABHES) in the state for Yoga Teacher Training. LHAA’s program is also registered with the Yoga Alliance.
- Experienced Instructors – Yoga instructors at LHAA have a lifetime of experience with the practice, emphasizing trust, safety, and intelligent, mindful movement. Amanda McMaine, Director of the training program, has been teaching yoga for over 38 years and Debra Booker, Yoga Center Director and the owner of LHAA for the past 12 years, has been teaching yoga for the past 7 years.
Yoga Teacher Training Program Highlights
Our Yoga Teacher Training is taught over the period of one-year with intensive weekend courses once a month. We intentionally designed our program to enable students to apply what they learned in their sessions each month to their own practice and lifestyle.
Here are some of the highlights of the LHAA Yoga Teacher Training Program:
- 12 months of intensive and thorough training – one weekend a month – in all aspects of yoga: asana (postures) practice, breathing, yoga sutras (philosophy), meditation, chakras, ayurveda, precise and safe alignment, and vast anatomy knowledge. We encourage you to complete the form to the right to download a catalog containing a detailed course description.
- A beautiful facility that inspires peace, wellness, and a powerful mind-body connection.
- A lifestyle program that encourages you to integrate your practice on the mat to your daily life.
- Training that emphasizes universal principals of alignment and draws from many styles of yoga.
- Encouragement to develop your own teaching style based on your strengths, preferences and life experience.
- Emphasis of fundamental concepts so you can easily embody the material and put it to practical use immediately.
- High level of student engagement through questions, demonstration and take-home projects.
- Anatomy and kinesiology lessons through asana practice and exploration. Anatomy is focused and immensely practical.
- Learning practical knowledge of the working human body and the ability to impart that knowledge to your students in meaningful ways.
- Understanding the essence of a pose and how to make it accessible to students.
- Learning how to use communication to cue effectively, how to sequence a class, and how to modify every pose.
The cost for the LHAA Yoga Teacher Training Program is $2,750. See more details on our Tuition and Fees page.
The upcoming Yoga Teacher Training Program begins on October 29, 2016. The program is 52 weeks consisting of 12 weekend classes held once a month. There will be no classes in September 2017, thus allowing time for students to complete their externship/internship. The last class of the program will take place October 8, 2017.
Classes will be held Saturdays from 9:00 am until 6:00 pm and Sundays from 9:00 am until 5:00 pm.
We encourage you to request a catalog with a full program description or to complete the application form here if youíre ready to enroll now.
Contact Debra Booker, Yoga Admissions Coordinator 859-252-5656 ex 44 or email@example.com for information about tours, admissions, and financial aid.
How much student loan debt does a typical graduate have to repay after graduation?
The median loan debt for individuals who graduated from the program during the period 7/1/14- 6/30/15 is:
- Federal Loans: NA*
- Private Educational Loans: 0
- Institutional Financing Plans: 0
- Not eligible for Federal Loans
What percent of graduates completes the program in the normal time frame as published in the catalog?
The percentage of students who graduated On-time during the 7/1/14-6/30/15 time period is 93 %.
What percent of graduates found employment related to their field of study?
Placement is reported to the Accrediting Bureau for Health Education Schools (ABHES). The most recent Report covers the period from July 1, 2014 to June 30, 2015. Our most recent placement rate reported to ABHES is 82%.
How can I find out more about this career?
Further information pertaining to occupational requirements and opportunities for graduates of this program is available at Summary Report for Fitness Trainers and Aerobics Instructors.
The Classification of Instructional Programs (CIP) code for this program is 51.080
What Yoga Teacher Training Students have to say about LHAA
“I fell in love with Lexington Healing Arts Academy from the moment I walked in the door. The admissions officer greeted me. She told me all about the program. I felt welcome. The facilities were beautiful. I compared a lot of programs and I found that this program had a director, Amanda McMaine, with over 35 years of teaching experience. Where else could I want to be? I love the experiences of the classes. The weekend immersions were very intensive but the staff was always available to help me and guide me. I love that learned to teach a safe and healthy yoga practice. I learned to apply those things that we learned in postures to connect our minds to our bodies and I hope that’s what I’ll be able to give to students that I’m working with.”
“Provided me with an incredibly thorough knowledge from a kinesiological standpoint. Emerging from the school, I absolutely feel confident in my abilities to succeed as a yoga teacher. I loved the school, the curriculum, the classmates, and most of all, the teachers. I would recommend this school to anyone who wanted to expand their knowledge and understanding of yoga.”
Please note: The yoga therapy components of our training are based on our ABHES credentials, not derived from our status as a RYS with Yoga Alliance Registry.