The Yoga Teacher Training Program at Lexington Healing Arts Academy will change your life! Whether you want to deepen your own practice or teach yoga to others, this program will change your perspective about how you live. LHAA teaches the full depth and breadth of yoga- incredibly focused, therapeutically and alignment based core teachings, encompassing the history, art and science of this life enhancing ancient practice. We respectfully embrace ancient yoga teachings within the context of an innovative, contemporary journey to a mindful body and embodied mind. Join us on this incredible journey!
Benefits of the LHAA Yoga Teacher Training Program
Our program was designed to accommodate anyone with the passion to become a certified Yoga Instructor. Some of the highlights include:
- Scheduling – Our program schedule runs one weekend per month for one year, making it both convenient and effective. You can maintain a healthy work / life balance while also taking the time between sessions to process the material you learned and incorporate the lessons into your own life and practice.
- Unique Approach – The Yoga Program at LHAA is focused on providing knowledge and a practice that encourages an open and inviting approach, where all ages and abilities can improve strength, balance, flexibility, range of motion, and a powerful body-mind connection.
- Licensed and Accredited – LHAA is the only school in the state of Kentucky licensed by the State Board of Proprietary Education to teach Yoga and the only accredited school (ABHES) in the state for Yoga Teacher Training. LHAA’s program is also registered with the Yoga Alliance.
- Experienced Instructors – Yoga instructors at LHAA have a lifetime of experience with the practice, emphasizing trust, safety, and intelligent, mindful movement.
Yoga Teacher Training Program Highlights
Our Yoga Teacher Training is taught over the period of one-year with intensive weekend courses once a month. We intentionally designed our program to enable students to apply what they learned in their sessions each month to their own practice and lifestyle.
Here are some of the highlights of the LHAA Yoga Teacher Training Program:
- 12 months of intensive and thorough training – one weekend a month – in all aspects of yoga: asana (postures), pranayama (breath work), yoga history, philosophy, and ethics, yoga of sound, meditation, mindfulness, chakras, ayurveda, precise and safe alignment, business, and vast anatomy knowledge. We encourage you to complete the form to the right to download a catalog containing a detailed course description.
- A beautiful facility that inspires peace, wellness, and a powerful mind-body connection.
- A lifestyle program that encourages you to integrate your practice on the mat to your daily life.
- Training that emphasizes universal principals of alignment and draws from many styles of yoga.
- Encouragement to develop your own teaching style based on your strengths, preferences and life experience.
- Emphasis of fundamental concepts so you can easily embody the material and put it to practical use immediately.
- High level of student engagement through questions, demonstration and take-home projects.
- Anatomy and kinesiology lessons through asana practice and exploration. Anatomy is focused and immensely practical.
- Learning practical knowledge of the working human body and the ability to impart that knowledge to your students in meaningful ways.
- Understanding the essence of a pose and how to make it accessible to students.
- Learning how to use communication to cue effectively, how to sequence a class, and how to modify every pose.
“This program is so much fun. The people are absolutely glowing with kindness and acceptance. 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training has opened so many doors for opportunity.” – 2017 Yoga Grad
The cost for the LHAA Yoga Teacher Training Program is $2,750. See more details on our Tuition and Fees page.
The upcoming Yoga Teacher Training Program begins October 2018. The program is 52 weeks consisting of 12 weekend classes held once a month.
Classes will be held Saturdays and Sundays from 9:00 am until 4:30 pm.
We encourage you to request a catalog with a full program description or to complete the application form here if you’re ready to enroll now.
Contact Amy Ball, Admissions & Financial Aid Coordinator (859) 252-5656 ext. 29 or email@example.com for information about tours, admissions, and financial aid.
How much student loan debt does a typical graduate have to repay after graduation?
The median loan debt for individuals who graduated from the program during the period 7/1/16- 6/30/17 is:
- Federal Loans: NA*
- Private Educational Loans: 0
- Institutional Financing Plans: 0
- Not eligible for Federal Loans
What percent of graduates completes the program in the normal time frame as published in the catalog?
The percentage of students who graduated On-time during the 7/1/16 – 6/30/17 time period is 100%.
What percent of graduates found employment related to their field of study?
Placement is reported to the Accrediting Bureau for Health Education Schools (ABHES). The most recent Report covers the period from July 1, 2016 to June 30, 2017. Our most recent placement rate reported to ABHES is 75%.
How can I find out more about this career?
Further information pertaining to occupational requirements and opportunities for graduates of this program is available at Summary Report for Fitness Trainers and Aerobics Instructors.
The Classification of Instructional Programs (CIP) code for this program is 51.080
What Yoga Teacher Training Students have to say about LHAA
“The YTT helped me to grow as an individual, which motivated me in all areas of my life. I feel confident in my ability to bring yoga to my community in a safe and supportive way. All of the instructors did an outstanding job in relaying their knowledge of yoga to all of the students. I’m grateful for the friendships, and connections made through this experience! My mind has been stretched and it will never be the same. Thank you LHAA!” – 2017 Yoga Grad
“I chose this school because it came highly recommended and I know why. Everything was thoughtfully planned to benefit the student, so I thank the staff at LHAA for giving me the tools to improve not only my physical health, but also my mental clarity and I’m excited to share this knowledge with others.” – 2017 Yoga Grad
Please note: The yoga therapy components of our training are based on our ABHES credentials, not derived from our status as a RYS with Yoga Alliance Registry.
For More Information
If you would like to learn more please contact Amy Ball at firstname.lastname@example.org or (859) 252-5656 ext. 29.