Hospital Based Massage Therapy Training Program
The weekend modules reflect the 48-hour instructional classroom section that includes, but is not limited to:
- an in-depth study of conditions seen in the hospital
- pathophysiology of cancer and types of cancer treatments
- guest speakers
- hands-on protocols
The remainder of the training revolves around 40 additional hours of externship to be completed at Baptist Health Hospital in Lexington, KY and take-home assignments and assessments.
Focus on Cancer & Oncology Massage
Our advanced training program offers the foundation for providing professional-level oncology and cancer massage that will provide these life-improving benefits.
What is Hospital-Based Massage Therapy?
Who can apply to the program?
What is a typical class size?
What is the class schedule?
For the convenience of our students, the Hospital-Based Massage Program is commonly offered several times a year. The date for 2020 are:
July 10-12, 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
What is the externship schedule?
How much does it cost?
What makes LHAA's Hospital-Based Massage Program different?
You’ll also find that our educators, staff, and facility provide a friendly, peaceful and welcoming environment, creating an atmosphere that makes LHAA a place you look forward to coming to!
For More Information
Thank you for your interest in Lexington Healing Arts Academy. Please contact Carol Rajchel, Admissions and Financial Aid Coordinator, with any questions regarding our HBMT Program or any of our other Academic Programs or workshops: (859) 252-5656 ext. 25 or email@example.com.
Why Choose LHAA For Hospital-Based Massage Therapy Training?
Through LHAA’s Hospital-Based Massage Program, You Will…
- Develop advanced competency in the science, research and hands-on massage protocols of HBMT
- Have access to the latest research in HBMT and Oncology Massage
- Have access to the latest oncology treatments, genetic counseling, nutrition and lymphatic specialization through our guest speakers
- Establish clinical oncology and hospital-based skills needed to effectively communicate with the patient
- Through the externship, develop the confidence, competence and professionalism needed to work in a hospital setting
- Continue your massage therapy education in a meaningful, purposeful way
Receive A Free Information Kit
Fill out this form now to receive a free information kit.