Is Massage Therapy Career Training Right for You?

Take the Free Quiz
Call Now to Learn More (859) 252-5656


In your quest to improve your health, you may have asked yourself this question along the way: which is the best way to achieve my goals—working out or dieting? In our fast-paced lifestyles, we often find ourselves taking shortcuts because of time constraints, and choosing one over the other. The simple answer to the question: Both. The largest impact on positive body change happens when we apply both fitness and nutrition to our routine.

Undoubtedly a person can change his or her body structure through diet alone. You may have heard of the 80/20 fitness principal where you apply 80 percent of your fitness goal to healthy eating and the other 20 percent to physical fitness. By these numbers, eating healthy is a significant factor in our overall health and wellness. Try adding nutrient-dense foods, which are great source of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants like lean proteins, vegetables, healthy carbohydrates, and good fat sources to your diet. Healthy eating isn’t just about decreasing calories and portion sizes. What types of foods you eat is what counts.

But, without the combined 20 percent exercise ratio, you may find you aren’t quite reaching your goals. Staying active increases your metabolism, helping you burn more calories and fat – something diet alone can’t do. Not only does a regular fitness plan help you lose weight and increase muscle tone and strength, it can also decrease your risk for heart disease, diabetes, and high blood pressure. You don’t have to spend hours at a gym, but your exercise routine should include a combination of heart-healthy cardio, weight training, and yoga or similar training for balance and flexibility. The important thing is to just keep moving.

Whether you think in terms of the 80/20 fitness principal or not, there is no question that exercise and nutrition are both equally important for your long-term health and wellness.

Are you passionate about helping others make positive body and lifestyle changes? How about turning that passion into a career as a personal trainer & nutritional coach? LHAA offers an exemplary Personal Fitness & Nutritional Coaching program that is designed for those individuals who want to excel and lead in the profession of Personal Training. Learn more here.

Fill Out This Form to Receive a Free Information Kit

Ready to Apply?

Why Us? Watch this video:


Fill out this form now to receive more information.

Lexington Healing Arts Academy
272 Southland Drive
Lexington, KY 40503

Download our FREE App!

Massage Clinic:
(859) 252-5656
Yoga Studio:
(859) 252-5656 x 31
Admissions & Financial Aid:
(859) 252-5656 x 25
(859) 252-5656 x 30

Join Our Social Media Communities