At Lexington Healing Arts Academy, we understand that adding fitness and exercise to your daily and weekly routine can be intimidating. This may be true especially as we get older, maybe have gained some weight, and are generally less active. It feels like a long road ahead to getting fit and a major new commitment that can seem overwhelming.
We are here to help you understand the importance of being active, especially as we age, and the proven benefits of non-aggressive, holistic fitness that we practice at Lexington Healing Arts through our yoga and group exercise classes.
“It’s never too late to start exercising, but always too soon to stop” — Walter M. Bortz II, M.D., Author of Dare To Be 1oo
Please join us for our monthly First Saturday Workshop on “How We Exercise.” For our April 5th workshop, we will introduce you to our model of exercise at Lexington Healing Arts based on the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) as well as these other points:
- how a trainer assesses a client
- the elements of a workout (the program design)
- functional training and how that differs from pushing plates on a machine at a big box gym
- our philosophy at LHAA with a focus on education and motivation (and no yelling!)
- our focus on overall wellness inside and outside of our Fitness Center
- What: First Saturday of the Month “How We Exercise” Workshop
- When: Saturday, April 5th, 2014
- Where: LHAA Fitness Center, 272 Southland Drive, Lexington, KY 40503
- Contact: Call Cheryl Estes at (859) 252-5656 x 40
We will update the details as we get closer to this first workshop. Anyone interested in introducing exercise to their daily or weekly routines, or in finding ways to pursue a healthy and realistic wellness routine, is invited to our workshop. We hope to see you there!
Fill Out This Form to Receive a Free Information Kit
Ready to Apply?
Why Us? Watch this video:
GET THE DETAILS
Fill out this form now to receive more information.
Lexington Healing Arts Academy
272 Southland Drive
Lexington, KY 40503
(859) 252-5656 x 31
Admissions & Financial Aid:
(859) 252-5656 x 25
(859) 252-5656 x 30
Join Our Social Media Communities