In a recent article in the Summer 2014 issue of Journal of Personal Training, produced by The National Council on Strength and Fitness, discussed the career opportunities and level of job satisfaction among personal trainers. The NCSF conducted a survey of 400 professionals and their responses showed that a career as a personal trainer can provide a “healthy life balance, growth opportunities, and a high return in job satisfaction.
Some of the highlights from the survey are as follows:
- 97.5 percent of respondents agree or strongly agree with the statement “I feel that my job positively impacts others.”
- 95.5 percent feel that their job as a personal trainer gives them “personal satisfaction.”
- 69.6 report that they are happy with the balance in their lives between work time and leisure time.
- 68.7 percent do not perceive their job to be a major source of negative stress in their lives.
- 87.9 percent feel that their jobs contribute to their well-being.
These survey results showcase many of the benefits of a career in personal training. Personal trainers have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of their clients as they work closely together to improve their level of fitness, health, and even self confidence and happiness. Rather than stuck in a traditional eight to five workday trainers often have flexible schedules and work off-peak hours. This can make balancing other priorities such as family, friends, and hobbies more manageable. This fast growth rate of this industry means there are many job opportunities for skilled and knowledgeable personal trainers.
Want to learn more about this exciting career path?
Watch the following video about LHAA’s Personal Fitness Training Program:
You can also explore information about this program our website: Personal Fitness Training, or give us a call with any questions!
Fill Out This Form to Receive a Free Information Kit
Ready to Apply?
Why Us? Watch this video:
GET THE DETAILS
Fill out this form now to receive more information.